Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas

My memories of Christmas are happy ones. I don't remember having any sad ones or ones when I was disappointed. Our Christmas stockings always had a Mandarin orange in the toe, miscellaneous hard candy and Cracker Jacks. I loved the orange and the Cracker Jacks, but the hard candy was always fuzzy with lint from the red stocking. I remember wishing that the candy was chocolates instead. MMMMThe two gifts I remember from when I was small were a life size baby doll and a navy blue dress that was satin and was so beautiful. The other gift I remember is a stuffed toy for John. I think it was a Teddy Bear. Our dad kept saying that Johnny was too old to have a stuffed toy, but there is was on Christmas morning. Dreams do sometimes come true. During Christmas vacation we played board games and always had a jig saw puzzle to put together. I remember that my brother Ted was so good at putting the puzzles together. I always felt a little envious. I wished I could find the pieces for the great big puzzle.

2 comments:

  1. So funny about the fuzzy candy! I love hearing about Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, thank you so much for looking at the page. I hope that other people will contribute memories as well. Mom did not write a biography as far as I know. I am sure she thought she had lots of time to do that after she retired.

    ReplyDelete