Saturday, January 23, 2010

Muriel Isabel Fisher

Muriel Isabel Fisher, 59, of Maltby, died Aug 3, 1982, in an area hospital due to injuries sustained in an automobile accident.
Mrs. Fisher was born in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Nov. 20, 1922. She was married to J. Robert Fisher, Nov. 19, 1942 and came to Snohomish County 16 years ago from Montreal, Canada. She had traveled extensively with her husband who was a member of the Canadian Armed Forces. She was a member of the Monroe Ward, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, she had been a Temple Worker in the Seattle Temple and was a member of the Genealogical Society.
She leaves her husband, Robert at home; two daughters, Margaret Duce of Everett and Elaine Fry of Provo, Utah; son, John Robert Fisher of Lethbridge, Alberta; her mother, Ruby L. Toole of Medicine Hat, Alberta; three sisters, Aletha Baumback and Margaret Toole, both of Medicine Hat, and Hazel Grusendorf of Rosemary, Alberta; brother, Archie Toole of Ottawa, Canada; 15 grandchildren (including one grandson serving in the mission field in Costa Rica); also numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by son James Edward (Ted) in 1972
Funeral services will be held Saturday, 10 a.m. in the Monroe L.D.S. Chapel on Tester Road with Bishop James F. Smith officiating. Dedication of the grave will be at I.O.O. F. cemetery following the services.
Visitation, Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Purdy and Kerr Chapel; Saturday at the Monroe L.D.S. Chapel 9:15 a.m. until service time, at which time family will receive friends. Arrangements by Purdy and Kerr Chapel, Monroe.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this since I was just a little girl when grandma died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized the other day when reading her obituary with my dad, that Grandma died when she was 59. My parents are in their 60s now, and I can't imagine not having them in my life. I am sorry you lost your mom at such a young age. I look forward to becoming close friends with her in heaven as I am reunited with her and Grandpa one day.

    ReplyDelete